- Minimum 3.0 GPA from all previous study at the college level. Graduate Landscape Architecture applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 are required to submit GRE scores.
- GRE scores are required for some majors and/or tracks. Please review the appropriate application requirements for selected major. GRE Scores are not required for Industrial Design Track III candidates.
- Acceptable minimum online TOEFL score (Graphic Design: 100; Architecture, Art + Design, Industrial Design, and Landscape Architecture: combined score of 80 and at least 18 on each individual component);
OR minimum IELTS score for international students (Graphic Design: 70; Architecture, Art + Design, Industrial Design, and Landscape Architecture: overall band score of at least 6.5 in each individual component). International students with at least one year of full-time study at a four-year US College or university do not have to submit TOEFL and/or IELTs scores.
A fee of $75 for US applicants ($85 for international applicants) is due at the time of application.
No admissions decisions will be made on the basis of email correspondence. All applicants must use the online system and provide the following:
- Personal Statement stating career objectives, prior experience, intention of graduate study, and their relevance to the selected program at NC State University.
- A portfolio of work as per the requirements of your desired discipline.
- Uploaded unofficial transcripts for each institution attended (official transcripts will be required if admitted).
- Three uploaded letters of recommendation from people who know your academic record.
- GRE scores for any student whose first degree was not completed in selected major (GRE institution code for NC State is 5496).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students only (TOEFL institution code for NC State is 5496).
- Residency statement for US citizens only (http://go.ncsu.edu/NCRes).
- Personal resume (include under “PDF Documents” in the online system).