Design Camp Policies
Parents and prospective Design Campers, please note that in order to participate in Design Camp, the following is expected of our campers:
Code of Conduct (to be signed by parents and campers upon application):
- I understand that my attitude and behavior are critical to the success of camp. Therefore, for the good of the camp, as well as my fellow group members, I agree to abide by the following:
- I will be sensitive to the needs of all camp participants and facilitators by being courteous, polite and inclusive.
- I understand that physical or verbal abuse, inappropriate or intimate contact, and violent behavior are grounds for immediate expulsion from Design Camp without refund.
- I will respect the people and places with which I come in contact. I will respect the Design Camp Staff and recognize that they have the responsibility of making sure campers abide by camp rules at all times, and that this is for the safety and well-being of everyone involved with Design Camp.
- I will respect the equipment and materials I am provided with, and will do my part to keep the studio spaces neat and tidy.
- I will arrive on time to all activities, meals, studios and all other scheduled events. I will participate fully and attend all scheduled activities for my week at camp.
- I will inform my counselors of my whereabouts at all times. I recognize that I am not permitted to receive visitors or leave camp during scheduled activities. I acknowledge that I do not have free reign on NC State’s campus, and agree to abide by instructions given to me by staff regarding my whereabouts.
- I will be responsible for my personal belongings and will not hold NC State University, the College of Design or camp facilitators responsible for their loss or damage.
- I will dress in a manner that is appropriate for camp activities.
- I understand that my counselors, instructors and other Design Camp staff are not allowed to be connected with me on Facebook or any other social media.
- I will report any unsafe and / or inappropriate behavior immediately to my counselors or lead staff members. I will refrain from using language or actions that could be considered abusive or offensive to others.
- I will not use headphones, laptops or handheld devices during studio or presentations without permission from Design Camp staff.
- I further understand that major offenses including but not limited to the illegal use of tobacco, drugs, and or alcohol will result in immediate expulsion from the camp and possible criminal charges.
- If I am sent home early due to any misconduct, it will be at the expense of my parent/guardian. I understand that the Design Camp staff will discuss my misconduct with my parent/guardian and with the administration of NC State University College of Design.
- I understand and agree to abide by the above responsibilities during my time at Design Camp.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
It is the policy of NC State to provide equality of opportunity in all education programs and activities. NC State engages in equal opportunity and affirmative action efforts, and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. For more information on NC State’s Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy, please visit policies.ncsu.edu.