Note: All first-time instructors must attend an information session on either January 14 or 15 in Brooks 212A at 6 PM.
The NC State University Design Lab for K-12 Education is seeking talented designers to join our teaching staff for Design Camp 2019! Instructors will develop and teach one or more studio sessions over the course of the summer for groups of middle school or high school students. Instructors embody the teaching philosophy of the College of Design and it’s departments. Teaching at Design Camp is a great way to gain paid teaching experience in a creative and fun-filled environment while helping to prepare the next generation of designers.
About the Position
• Training on pedagogy, project development, classroom management, adolescent development, camper safety, and cultural awareness as well as a mini-practicum experience is provided and required for new hires.
• A Teaching Assistant (TA) is provided for studio preparation and teaching assistance.
• Teaching multiple weeks of camp strongly preferred. Bonuses provided for those working the full summer.
• Work schedules vary by camp. A typical work day is 8:30am-5:30pm.
• Lunch is provided during camp weeks.
• Possible co-teaching arrangements may be made for graduate students.
• Competitive compensation, $1000 – $1200 per week, contingent upon experience.
• College of Design graduate students, faculty and alumni, and design professionals are eligible to apply
• Some teaching experience or experience working with middle school or high school
• Some teaching experience or experience working with middle school or high school students preferred
• Must be able to lift and carry 10-30 lbs, general physical mobility may be required
• All candidates chosen for staff positions at Design Camp are required to pass a criminal background check and provide 3 professional references