School of Architecture
Since its founding, the School of Architecture has been a leader of innovation in design. Today that tradition continues with programs centered on design excellence and unique approaches to contemporary urban, environmental, and ethical challenges. Our fully accredited program provides a rigorous professional education paired with multidisciplinary and self-directed design and research opportunities. Multiple paths to a professional degree are provided by undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including the iPal Accelerated Path to Licensure. Connections to a robust architectural community provide professional opportunities.
Specialized architectural research and design areas include:
Academic and Certificate Programs:
- City Design Certificate
- Design + Build Program
- Disaster Resilient Engineering Policy and Design Certificate
- Energy and Technology in Architecture Certificate
- History and Theory of Architecture Graduate Concentration
- Public Interest Design Certificate
Research Areas and Labs:
- Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities
- Building Energy and Technology Lab (BETlab)
- Building Systems Integration
- Coastal Dynamics Design Lab
- Public Interest Design
Architecture is central to a “healthy environment, an improved society, and a better life for all.
Robert Burns, FAIA
Every day our students and faculty are pushing the boundaries of design. We believe in the capacity of architecture to solve contemporary issues, uplift the human spirit, and create a better world.
The official Instagram account of the NC State College of Design.
🏷 Tag #ncstatecreatives to be featured!
✍️ Check out our latest story:
See Student Work
See more examples of student work here: School of Architecture Student Work