Experience Design Around the World
In today’s design practice, global awareness is critical, and because of this, the College of Design requires our undergraduate students to spend a semester abroad. International study challenges a designer to envision a wider range of design options and gain insight into biases and preconceptions that hamper the creative process. The international experience requirement is intended to build needed global awareness with regard to the practice of their design discipline, expose students to a diversity of cultures and environments, and develop their ability to observe, perceive, and reflect on design as an expression of both environment and culture.
Virtual 2021 Programs
- Website: Sustainable Design
- Dates: June 28 – August 3, 2021
- Location: Virtually located in Santiago, Chile
- This interdisciplinary program in Chile provides a virtual study abroad opportunity in a country that offers diverse, cutting-edge design and art developments in one of South America’s most stable and prosperous nations. Additionally, to gain a broader cultural understanding of the region, students will virtually attend a number of museum tours and excursions.
- For additional information, contact Hernán Marchant, the program director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Abroad Advisor
Contact Amanda at email@example.com.
Not sure how to start the process of studying abroad? Connect with an advisor via Zoom-In Advising.