Digital Design Camp Policies
Parents and prospective Digital Design Campers, please note that in order to participate in Digital Design Camp, we expect our campers to follow the Code of Conduct outlined below.
Code of Conduct (to be signed by parents and campers upon application):
I understand that my attitude and behavior are critical to the success of the Digital Design Lab. Therefore, for the good of NC State’s College of Design’s Digital Design Lab, as well as for my fellow participants, I agree to abide by the following:
- I will respect the people and digital environment with which I interact. I will respect the Digital Design Lab Staff and Instructors and recognize that they have the responsibility of making sure participants abide by rules at all times, and that this is for the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved with Digital Design Lab.
- I recognize that content provided in Digital Design Lab Programs is the intellectual property of NC State Design Lab. I understand that sharing links or passwords for Digital Design Lab meetings or content is strictly prohibited and may result in my dismissal from the program and/or possible legal action.
- I will not take or share inappropriate screenshots or images. I understand that doing so may result in dismissal from the program, and if appropriate, a report to the police or other legal authorities.
- I will dress in a manner that is appropriate if participating in synchronous online meetings.
- I understand that my instructors and other Digital Design Lab staff are not allowed to be connected with me on Facebook or any other social media. I will not request personal contact information, send friend requests, follows, etc. of my instructors or other Design Lab staff.
- I will report any unsafe and / or inappropriate behavior immediately to my parents AND Digital Design Lab staff.
- I will be sensitive to the needs of all participants and facilitators by being courteous, polite and inclusive in any synchronous online activities or online discussion boards. I understand that not doing so may result in dismissal from the program.
- I will refrain from using language or actions that could be considered abusive or offensive to others. I understand that doing so may result in dismissal from the program.
- I understand that bullying, harassing, or using derogatory language towards another person or group of people are grounds for immediate dismissal from the program.
- I understand and agree to abide by the above responsibilities during my participation with Digital Design Lab programs.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
It is the policy of NC State to provide equality of opportunity in all education programs and activities. NC State engages in equal opportunity and affirmative action efforts and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. For more information on NC State’s Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy, please visit policies.ncsu.edu.