- January 15: Priority application deadline for domestic and international students (fall admission)
- Late applications will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- October 15: Spring admission – Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning
- March 1-31: Notification to students regarding admission status (applicants check their status through the online system)
- March 1: University deadline for international applications for fall admission
- April 15: Deadline for students notifying the College of Design that they intend to matriculate in fall
- June: Pre-registration of incoming graduate students for fall courses
- August: New College of Design graduate student orientation
- Mid-August: First day of fall classes
- Minimum 3.0 GPA from all previous study at the college level
- Acceptable minimum online TOEFL score:
- Combined score of 80 and at least 18 on each individual component
- OR minimum IELTS score for international students
- Overall band score of at least 6.5 in each individual component
- International students who have successfully completed at least one year of full-time study at a four-year US college or university do not have to submit TOEFL and/or IELTS scores.
A fee of $75 for US applicants ($85 for international applicants) is due at the time of application.
No admissions decisions will be made on the basis of email correspondence. All applicants must use the online system and provide the following:
- Personal Statement stating career objectives, prior experience, intention of graduate study, and their relevance to the selected program at NC State University
- A portfolio of work as per the requirements of your desired discipline
- Uploaded unofficial transcripts for each institution attended (official transcripts will be required if admitted)
- Three uploaded letters of recommendation from people who know your academic record
- GRE institution code for NC State is 5496
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students only
- TOEFL institution code for NC State is 5496
- Residency statement for US citizens only (more info)
- Personal resume
- Include under “PDF Documents” in the online system
- Portfolio should demonstrate applicant’s intelligence, creative potential, passion for landscape architecture and design, and breadth of experience through a collection of graphic, photographic, and written material.
- Visual work organized as a Powerpoint or PDF slide show, videos or movies as separate files-no random image files.
- GRE Scores are not required.
Complete the graduate student interest form and a member of our team will be back in touch.