Master of Graphic & Experience Design Admissions
Complete the graduate student interest form and a member of our team will be back in touch.
- January 15: Priority application deadline for domestic and international students (fall admission).
- March 1: Regular application deadline for domestic and international students (fall admission)
- Prospective students can apply after these deadlines, although open seats are not guaranteed. Applications will be considered until seats are filled.
- March 31: Notification to students regarding admission status (applicants check status through the online system)
- June: Pre-registration of incoming graduate students for fall courses
- August: New College of Design graduate student orientation
- Mid-August: First day of fall classes
Be sure to use the online system to apply. You will need the following:
- Personal statement of career objectives, prior experience, intention of graduate study, and their relevance to the Master of Graphic & Experience Design program.
- Resume: include under “PDF Documents” in the online system
- Portfolio of work: 5 visual examples for initial application review.
- A portfolio website that represents the range and depth of visual work beyond the initial 5 review examples.
- Label each project as professional, student, or self-generated work.
- List the year that the work was created, and briefly describe the project.
- Provide the URL link in the resumé.
- Uploaded unofficial transcripts for each institution attended (official transcripts will be required if admitted).
- We require a minimum 3.0 GPA from most recent undergraduate degree at the college level.
- Three uploaded letters of recommendation from people who know your academic record
- A fee of $75 for US applicants ($85 for international applicants) due at the time of application.
Additional materials for international applicants:
- For international applicants whose first language is not English: TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Combined score of 80 and at least 18 on each individual component
- OR minimum IELTS score for international students
- Overall band score of at least 6.5 in each individual component
- OR provide Duolingo score of 110 or better
- OR be a citizen of a country where English is the official language and the language of instruction in higher education.
- International students who have successfully completed at least one year of full-time study at a four-year US college or university do not have to submit TOEFL and/or IELTS scores. To request a waiver, contact the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Residency statement for US citizens only (more info)