Studio Based Majors | Architecture (BEDA), Art+Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design
Admission in Fall semester ONLY.
10 piece portfolio and design essay required.
Steps for Complete Application:
1. Complete Essay (on CODA Application).
3. Submit CODA Application | Deadline November 1
1. College of Design will review GPA and transfer hours, along with 10-piece portfolio and Design Essay after November 1.
2. Applicants continuing in the review process will be invited to Admissions Review Day in January.
- Admissions Review Day is a mandatory interview with faculty members or department heads. This part of the admission process is typically held on a Saturday in late January. Applicants will be notified in December if they have been selected and will receive detailed information at that time.
3. Final admissions notifications will be sent in late February via your CODA application.
Non-Studio Based Major | Design Studies
* NO portfolio required for Design Studies applicants.
Admission in Fall and Spring Semesters
Steps for Complete Application for Design Studies:
Students currently enrolled in any College of Design program but wanting to switch majors within the College of Design.
Applying to a studio-based major (Architecture, Art+Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design)
Deadline: December TBD
Steps for Complete Application
- Upload the 10-piece portfolio URL (click link for guidelines) to the Internal Transfer application link below
- Complete and upload the Design Essay.
- Submit the Internal Transfer application. | Deadline: December TBD
Applying to Design Studies
Complete CODA application.
Bachelor of Architecture (5th Year)
DEADLINE: January 5th
This is a one-year professional degree program and not available for recent high school graduates nor for college transfers (please see the BEDA program requirements if you are applying from high school or transferring into architecture). Applications to this program from graduates of other comparable four-year pre-professional programs in architecture are welcome. Admission requirements include prerequisite courses which must be included in the applicant’s undergraduate program. A transcript review will identify any prerequisite deficiencies. If accepted to the program, the applicant will be advised regarding how to comply with the prerequisite requirements.
FIND OUT MORE about the required portfolio and other requirements