Studio Based Majors | Architecture (BEDA), Art+Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design
Admission in Fall semester ONLY.
10 piece portfolio and design essay required.
Steps for Complete Application:
- Review the requirements for studio-based majors.
- Complete Essay (on CODA Application).
- Copy and Paste URL of 10-piece portfolio website onto CODA Application.
- Submit CODA Application | Deadline November 1st
1. All applicants will be considered in an application cycle. (Freshman, Off-Campus, and On-Campus).
2. College of Design will review GPA and transfer hours, along with 10 piece portfolio and Design Essay.
3. Applicants continuing in the review process will be invited to Admissions Review Day or a Showcase in January.
- Admissions Review Day is a mandatory interview with faculty members or an information session given by the department heads (varies by major). This part of the admission process is typically held on a Saturday in late January. Applicants will be notified in December if they have been selected and will receive detailed information at that time.
- The Showcase is a non-mandatory, information session. This is by invite only.
4. Final admissions notifications will be sent early March via your WolfPAW account and a letter directly e-mailed to you.
Non-Studio Based Major | Design Studies
Admission in Fall and Spring Semesters
No portfolio required.
Check the CODA website for more details.
Steps for Complete Application for Design Studies:
* NO portfolio required for Design Studies applicants.
Students currently enrolled in any College of Design program but wanting to switch majors.
Applying to a studio-based major (Architecture, Art+Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design)
Deadline: December 6, 2017
Steps for Complete Application
- Upload the 10-piece portfolio URL (to the application link below)
- Complete the Design Essay.
- Complete the Internal Transfer application. | Deadline: December 6, 2017
Applying to Design Studies
Rolling application dates. Complete CODA application.
More information: https://
Bachelor of Architecture (5th Year)
DEADLINE: January 5th
This is a one-year professional degree program and not available for recent high school graduates nor for college transfers (please see the BEDA program requirements if you are applying from high school or transferring into architecture). Applications to this program from graduates of other comparable four-year pre-professional programs in architecture are welcome. Admission requirements include prerequisite courses which must be included in the applicant’s undergraduate program. A transcript review will identify any prerequisite deficiencies. If accepted to the program, the applicant will be advised regarding how to comply with the prerequisite requirements.
FIND OUT MORE about the required portfolio and other requirements