Studio Based Majors | Architecture (BEDA), Art+Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design
Admission in Fall semester ONLY.
10 piece portfolio and design essay required.
Steps for Complete Application
1. Submit a completed Common Application or Coalition Application with studio-based major as your first choice major. Deadline is October 15. We strongly suggest choosing a second choice major on your application, if applicable. Your second choice major cannot be another studio-based major.
2. Sign up with SlideRoom.
4. Activate your personal wolfPAW account and complete the University required checklist.
1. Undergraduate Admissions reviews applicants – for application essentials (transfer credits, grades etc.) then sends a list of academically competitive students to the College of Design.
2. College of Design reviews the academically competitive students’ 10 piece portfolio and Design Essay.
3. Applicants continuing in the review process will be invited to Admissions Review Day or a Showcase in January.
- Admissions Review Day is a mandatory interview with faculty members or an information session given by the department heads (varies by major). This part of the admission process is typically held on a Saturday in late January. Applicants will be notified in December if they have been selected and will receive detailed information at that time.
- The Showcase is a non-mandatory, information session. This is by invite only.
4. Final admissions notifications will be sent early March.
Non-Studio Based Major | Design Studies
Admission in Fall and Spring Semesters
No portfolio required.
Deadlines: Rolling Admission, deadlines set by Undergraduate Admissions
Steps for Complete Application for Design Studies:
- Review the requirements for Design Studies.
- Complete the Common Application or Coalition Application
- Complete “To-Do List” in WolfPAW
* NO portfolio required for Design Studies applicants.
This is a one-year professional degree program ONLY for those students who have earned a four-year undergraduate degree in Architecture (from NC State or another program within a NAAB accredited institution).