Digital Design Lab
Expanding our reach to the K-12 community at large through remote learning programs.
NC State Design Lab now offers virtual programs that:
- incorporate design thinking and processes.
- are engaging and drive curiosity and promote self-motivation.
- allow students to step away from their devices and complete hands-on tasks.
- require the use of common household items and/or affordable and easy to obtain materials whenever possible.
- provide participants an opportunity to practice and improve self-evaluation skills.
Fall 2021 // Weekend Workshops
The Design Lab is excited to offer five discipline-specific Weekend Workshops this fall: two online and three in-person. Each workshop will take place on Saturdays from 9:00am – 4:00pm with a one hour break at noon. Students can register any time between September 10 and one week in advance of each workshop, and students can register for as many weekend workshops as they are interested in.
Workshops will introduce students to design thinking and the design process through challenge-based activities. Through these workshops, students will have the opportunity to develop a better understanding of our designed world and find answer to these questions: What is design? How do designers think?
Registration Opens Friday, September 10