Lee has software development & project management experience as a technical producer, interactive designer and information architect. He has designed large-scale media projects that leverage technology, user experience design and information graphics for such companies as AmericanExpress, Accipiter, Böwe Bell & Howell, GlaxoSmithKline, Grant Hill Ventures, IBM, NBC Sports and USTA. He has a BA in Industrial Design from the College of Design and a MBA in Innovation Management from the Poole College of Management. Currently Lee manages and supports the research efforts within the Experience Design Lab and facilitates daily activities within the Information Technology Lab at the College of Design.
Researching areas of Explainable AI and Understandable AI, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, IoT, Big Data and Data Visualizations; examining the impact of close interactions between people and emerging technology by determining how empathy, trust and decision making processes are influenced when working with systems/frameworks that integrate and leverage intelligent agents within Civic Technologies for for Smart Cities and Connected Communities.
- Engaged Social Design & Organization Strategies: Community access, engagement, and empowerment by design
- Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Design & Communication: Computational design, innovation, and HCI (human-computer interaction)
- Engaged Social Design & Organization Strategies
- Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Design & Communication
- Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Design & Communication: User-centered design, e.g. digital media, communication, and accessibility