Doctor of Design Admissions
Elevate your design thinking with this hands-on, hybrid degree.
For practicing designers looking to develop a high level of expertise in the areas of architecture, landscape architecture, graphic design, industrial design, and other art + design fields supported by College faculty.
Successful applicants must provide:
- A short Statement of Purpose for graduate study will convince the reader that the applicant is motivated and prepared.
- Not to exceed 400 words or 1-2 pages overall.
- The capacity to articulate a clear topic with specific research questions for a clear and compelling design investigation.
- Not to exceed 750 words or 2-3 pages overall.
- A demonstrated mastery over their respective practices through the submission of a digital portfolio. The portfolio should highlight relevant professional experience and/or current accomplishments in a design firm or studio, public or private museum, or governmental agency involved in design/planning.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree and at least one degree from an accredited design, fine arts, or equivalent program.
Applicants submit transcripts of previous academic work with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (undergraduate and graduate studies) along with standardized graduate test scores such as the GRE*, and international students further provide TOEFL or IELTS scores.
General inquiries not related to admissions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-515.3876
- Undergrad and graduate degree transcripts (min 3.0 GPA)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Contact Program Director for waiving considerations and options.
- TOEFL or IELTS
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students only. If you have received a degree from an accredited university where English is the primary language of instruction, this requirement may be waived.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose
- Description of the proposed topic with research questions.
- Digital portfolio of creative work and/or professional practice activities.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- At least one from the applicant’s current employer.