The creative energy of the college truly comes to life through our differences, and we are committed to showcasing a variety of design experiences.
At the College of Design, we aspire to a diverse design community that enhances the educational experience of all students. Gradually over the past decade, the college has matured into a community diverse in culture, race, gender, and personal interests.
NC State University’s Definition of Diversity
Diversity is an inclusive community of people with varied human characteristics, ideas, and world-views and whose interactions both benefit and challenge each other to grow while making the community better.
Such a community will:
- Enhance access, attract and retain a diverse population and promote equity and equal opportunity.
- Encourage interaction among diverse people to enrich the educational experience, promote personal growth and enhance the community.
- Foster mutual respect, value differences and promote cross-cultural understanding.
- Prepare leaders to live and work in a competitive global community.
By definition, NC State reflects diversity because it comprises a community of individuals from varied backgrounds and demographic categories; it encourages, accepts, and values a diversity of people and ideas; it seeks to promote an environment where equity, respect and understanding represent the norm in the campus climate and; it seeks to prepare entrepreneurs who are effective citizens of a global community. We will know that we have achieved authentic diversity when all four of these objectives are fully realized.
Offices Contact Information
- Undergraduate Student Services
Brooks Hall 225
- Graduate Student Services
Brooks Hall 225
- Office of the Dean
Brooks Hall 200
- Design Lab for K-12 Education
Additional questions, comments, and web-related inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.