Over break I got to visit a friend who works at the Google office in San Francisco. I’ve heard so much about Google and what it’s like to work there that I thought I’d share some of my observations:
- Google San Francisco is surprisingly hidden (we almost couldn’t find it).
- It has amazing views!
- There’s a secret room! I was wasn’t really sure why we were going into a broom closet, but I was pleasantly surprised.
- Pictures are only allowed in specific areas (hence the lack of photos).
- There is food everywhere! But it’s all healthy. Even the dessert table in the cafeteria was hard to find.
- All the food is free! Even for guests. Some of us might have taken advantage of that…
- They provide everything; gym, doctors, food. You really don’t have any reason to leave, except maybe to sleep. Great perks? Or just tricking you into working longer?
- There are weird GIFs from music videos playing in the cafeteria. I never got an explanation as to why. Someone thought it might be some weird experiment.
- There’s a photo booth that will email your photos to you.
- They have amazing chocolate chip cookies in the cafeteria. I swear I ate like 5.
- There are no Oompa Loompas.
It makes me wonder what the office in Mountain View is like? I hear there’s a ball pit.