Teach Yourself. Be Yourself.

I am a first-year MGD II student and if you had told me five years ago that today that I would be here, I would have laughed in your face said: “there is no way, I am not smart enough.”

Your professors are not the only teachers – you are a teacher for yourself. Everyone has dreams. Everyone has something they want to accomplish whether it is big or small. But how do you do it? What do you have to do to make your dream come true or reach a goal?

For me, as a high school student, it was just proving to myself that I was smart enough to get into college even with my average test scores and grades.  I have been through blood, sweat, and tears to get me where I am today, but I wouldn’t change anything about my path because I have learned so much along the way.

Lesson learned: 

know what you want + work hard = achieve

Yes, I knew I wanted a higher education, but I didn’t get where I am today just because I went to class. I got here because I made connections, I had experiences in the field, I got involved. I learned that there is more to life than grades. I learned that I don’t have to find a cure for cancer to change the world I can change the world just because of the kind of person that I am. Always remember that you can teach yourself and make an impact just from being you because you are extraordinary just the way you are.