Our grads work in high-profile, internationally recognized organizations including: NBC Universal, RedHat, IBM/Lenovo, IDEO, Razorfish, Walker Art Center, Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo!, Nike Creative, Weiden+Kennedy, Second Story, Pentagram, SAS Institute, R/GA, Inkling, Chronicle Books
Many graduates also lead smaller studios as senior designers and creative directors or own design businesses such as: NewKind, New Deal Design, Josh Gajownik Design, Shapiro/Walker, Ketchup and Mustard
- Kyle Blue (BGD 2000) and Geoff Halber (BGD 2002) joined forces to form Everything–Type–Company (ETC), a Brooklyn-based design studio. Kyle was formerly the Creative Director at Dwell magazine from 2007 to 2011. Geoff held positions at Winterhouse Studio and Dwell magazine prior to earning a Masters degree at Yale University.
- Emmet Byrne (BGD 2003) is Design Director at the Walker Art Center. He has developed innovative brand identity in all areas of visual communication, and oversees the institution’s publishing program and design studio. Read the story about Walker Art Center brand identity
- Mia Blume (BGD 2005) is currently Product Design Manager at Pinterest. Prior experience includes leading a design team at Square to develop products from the ground up, and leading key initiatives with mobile and tech companies for IDEO, San Francisco. In 2013, she was named by Business Insider as one of the “Design 75”: The Best Designers in Technology.”
- Islam Elsedoudi (BGD 2007) is Senior Communication Designer at IDEO, Boston, after working as a Motion Graphics designer at Red Hat, Raleigh, upon graduating. As an undergraduate student, he earned a coveted position as an intern at IDEO, San Francisco.
- Kirsten Southwell (BGD 2012) was promoted to User Experience Designer in her first year at Second Story. She was also the recipient of several national design awards for user experience based on work for her graphic design Capstone project.