SPECTACULAR MAGAZINE, based in Durham, NC, is a monthly tabloid publication with investigative news stories, features, columns, calendars and commentaries that empower, enlighten and entertain readers in Durham, Wake, Orange, Granville, Vance and Person counties. In addition to SPECTACULAR MAGAZINE being available free of charge at cultural centers, colleges, bookstores, coffee shops, hotels and restaurants, distribution of SPECTACULAR MAGAZINE also includes African American churches in the six counties. Learn more at www.spectacularmag.com.
LAYOUT & DIGITAL DESIGNERS
Spectacular Magazine is seeking part-time Layout & Digital Designers with flair for creative, attractive and compelling page design and layout, as well as the digital savviness and skill to manage web and social media content. Layout & Digital Designers must be able to work independently but should also possess the communication skills needed to collaborate with peers and take instructions from editors. The salary will be dependent on the candidate’s experience.
Previous experience with InDesign and/or Quark Xpress, as well as Adobe Photoshop desirable, but will consider recent graduates or students. Experience with and working knowledge of digital content management systems and social media also preferred. This person must be able to multi-task, balancing the demands of layout deadlines, designing/updating website and social media as well as creating back up files and solving code problems.
SPECTACULAR MAGAZINE will conduct interviews on Friday, February 28, 2014 from 9:00am to 1:00pm at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (4912 S Miami Blvd – Durham, NC). Registration is from 9:00am – 10:00am ONLY with interviews from 10:00am – 1:00pm. Please bring design samples to the interview.
Outline: Student will create website with user-friendly interface that includes 5 sub pages all linking back to a main homepage. The law journal is read by many campus attendees, alumni, and professors and this is our first web-only launch! We are looking for fresh design layout with simple interactive features. We have draft ideas but are curious to seek your creative input as well. There is a base line compensation of $350 (negotiable based upon skill level). Let us know if this opportunity is something of your interest and we can discuss in more detail.
Timeline: negotiable but preferred completion by end of March-mid April
The Department / Team:
The Production team is a global organization that supports Moody’s professionals by formatting and publishing research reports and marketing collateral. The Production team operates within the Corporate Services group.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Help develop, execute and maintain a visual graphics style for Moody’s Investor Service publications.
- Enhance Moody’s research through compelling infographics and data visualization to explain complex financial data and financial concepts.
- Produce both individual pieces as well as thematic stories across several research reports.
- BA, BFA, MFA in Graphic/Visual Design, Computer Graphics, Visual Communication, Fine/Studio Art, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in creating infographics and visualizing data.
- Knowledge and interest in Finance, Economics or related field is a big plus.
- Knowledge of current best practices in data visualization, infographics and data reporting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The ideal candidate must have a proven record of interpreting and presenting financial data and economic concepts in a visually appealing and clear manner.
- Candidate must have excellent skills in Excel and graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Candidate must be familiar with data visualization technologies like R, Tableau, and D3.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal and presentation) are required.
- UX/UI experience is a plus.
- Strong Project Management skills is a big plus.
- Candidate should possess the ability to think and work independently while participating in a team environment.
- Must be able to problem solve independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
To apply please visit https://www.moodys.jobs/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=243019&partnerid=25546&siteid=5119
Online or hard copy portfolio is required.
Working at Moody’s: Our views matter. So will yours.
The views of each Moody’s employee matter and, collectively, those views contribute to our ability to serve credit-sensitive markets worldwide. Diverse opinions are encouraged and leverage the depth and breadth of experiences that our employees bring to work each day. We expect Moody’s employees to be accessible and collaborative and, in return, Moody’s offers a work environment that promotes intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and collegiality. Our people and our environment uphold our core values of integrity, insight, intellectual leadership, inclusion and independence.
Moody’s is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody’s Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody’s Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody’s Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.0 billion in 2013, employs approximately 8,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 31 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Dickinson Architects is an Augusta, Georgia firm of (11) individuals working in the commercial design market. To learn more, please visit www.dickinsonarchitects.com.
We have an immediate opening for an outgoing, full-time intern that has intentions of growing with the company. Candidates may either be graduating from a BS/BA or M.Arch. program with a proficient knowledge of Autocad, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
The California Arts Council will be hiring individuals to fill program administrator positions for the first time in over ten years. Currently there are two vacancies to be filled. This is a rare opportunity to join a hard working agency during an exciting time of growth.
The California Arts Council invites qualified applicants to participate in step one of a four-step hiring process.
- At this time, interested individuals should take the Arts Grants Administrator exam. There are two state classifications, Assistant Arts Grants Administrator and Associate Arts Grants Administrator characterized by qualifications and experience. (Review the examination bulletins at the following site to determine the most appropriate classification(s) for which to apply-http://www.cac.ca.gov/jobs/aga.php.)
- Successful applicants will be added to the appropriate Arts Grants Administrator hiring list based on the classification(s) to which they applied.
- Interested applicants can then apply for open positions. (Open Positions will be advertised shortly.)
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by senior staff.
Experience with a performing, or exhibiting organization, or an arts service agency with responsibility in one or more of the following areas: artistic program planning or evaluation, organizational development, fiscal management, public relations and marketing, or
Experience with a public or private arts funding agency with responsibility for analyzing or evaluating grant applications.
Principles and practices of public, business or nonprofit administration with specific reference to program evaluation, contracts, fiscal management, marketing and public relations, planning and development; the cultural history and current artistic activity of California; and components of public grant proposal process.
Date Posted: February 19, 2014
Application Deadline: March 12, 2014
Position Status: 20 hours per week, $15 per hour
Reports To: Executive Director; Collaborates closely with Development and Program staff
Young Audiences Arts for Learning of Oregon & SW Washington is our region’s most comprehensive arts in education non-profit organization, serving kids, teens and families in partnership with artists and community organizations for 55 years. We provide workshops, residencies and performances across performing, media and visual arts disciplines for young people in school and community settings; offer training for artists to be more effective educators; give classroom teachers the tools to integrate the arts into their teaching practice; and bring fundraising support to schools for arts education. Long the standard-bearer for arts in education, Young Audiences is a revitalized, forward-thinking organization with a dedicated, mission-driven, creative work culture.
Young Audiences seeks dynamic, resourceful and organized candidates for the position of Outreach Coordinator. Working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Development and Program staff, the Outreach Coordinator will be an active community member building new partnerships between Young Audiences and schools, teachers, parents and service organizations, as well as strengthening existing relationships. Additional efforts will be directed towards building the organization’s volunteer program. This is a new position and the right candidate will possess the vision and entrepreneurial mindset to launch a new initiative successfully. Young Audiences is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Identify, cultivate and engage new school and community sites in Young Audiences programs and services
- Present on Young Audiences partnership opportunities to parent, teacher and administrator groups, as well other school- and community-based constituent organizations
- Manage recruitment and retention of schools in Run for the Arts jog-a-thon fundraising program
- Collaborate with Development staff on creation and distribution of marketing materials
- Collaborate with Program staff on tailoring programs to meet needs of school partners
- Manage restructuring and expansion of volunteer engagement opportunities
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Participate in board/staff committees and work teams
Qualifications & Experience:
- Commitment to youth causes, the arts and community service
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Competency with office technology (MS Office suite, Google applications, social media etc.)
- Adaptable, self-motivated and creative personality
- Ability to pass a strict school district criminal background check
- Knowledge of school systems cultures and structures
- Familiarity with local arts and education organizations
- Experience as an educator or teacher
- Background in sales, marketing, development and/or outreach
- Proficiency in non-English languages and cultures
- Graphic design skills
- Website design skills (WordPress, HTML etc.)
- Photo and video editing
- College degree
Send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 5pm on March 12, 2014. Please include how you heard about this position. Subject line of email should include “Application – Outreach Coordinator”. Young Audiences of Oregon & SW Washington is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
The Durham Arts Council (DAC), a leading arts agency in North Carolina, is currently seeking a Summer Camp Manager. DAC offers interdisciplinary, culturally themed summer arts camps to youth ages 5 to 12. Reporting to the DAC School Director, the Summer Arts Camp Manager is responsible for implementing and managing the Durham Arts Council’s Summer Arts Camp, Mini-Camp, and Afternoon Adventures programs. The Summer Arts Camp Manager will be an individual experienced in developing and implementing youth arts programs in response to diverse educational and community interests and needs. This is a full time, hourly, seasonal position from June 9 through August 26, 2014.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts degree or course work towards a Bachelor’s degree in child development, arts administration, arts or youth education, or related field preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills, budget administration skills, and computer skills required. Experience working with children in an education program, preferably in arts education. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, and great customer service skills. Proven track-record of developing, coordinating, and growing successful community arts programs required.
Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references by March 15, 2014 to Durham Arts Council, Attn: School Director, 120 Morris St., Durham, NC 27701. E-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
DAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FatCat Strategies is a marketing and graphic design firm located on Hillsborough Street, near the NCSU Belltower. We have been in business for over 10 years and work with small to mid-sized businesses all over North Carolina. Learn more at http://www.fatcatstrategies.com/careers/.
We are looking for full-time designer to join our team in May 2014. Since we’re a small firm that works in a collaborative group setting, you’ll have your hands in a bit of everything—mostly a variety of design and administrative tasks. (More details about the job responsibilities will be provided during the interview.)
Design tasks include:
- concepting and designing logos
- print materials
- and other marketing collateral
Administrative tasks include:
- communication with clients
- organizing projects
- basic office organization
Proficiency in Creative Suite (all programs, but especially InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop) is required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
Any experience in web design or maintenance (HTML, CSS, WordPress) is a plus.
The online application can be found at http://www.fatcatstrategies.com/careers/
Capstrat, one of the leading interactive communications agencies in North Carolina, is hosting its 8th Annual Student Networking Night on Wednesday, March 26, from 6-9 p.m. We invite students to attend this event and take advantage of a unique opportunity to meet and learn from some of the area’s most esteemed industry leaders. At the event, students will attend panel discussions and talk with Capstrat frontrunners and noted communications professionals from across the state.
Our panelists will engage with students on the following topics:
- Building professional relationships outside your network
- Presenting yourself professionally
- Gaining experience with no experience
- Utilizing resources to find the best career opportunities
We welcome students who are interested in pursuing careers in all areas of communications, including advertising, public relations, public affairs, social media, digital media, graphic design, business and marketing.
Paul Lukez Architecture (PLA) is a design-intensive award-winning multi-disciplinary firm located outside Davis Square in Somerville, MA. The firm works on a range of exciting planning and urban design projects locally, regionally and internationally.
PLA is currently seeking to hire a talented and enterprising Urban Designer / Planner to join the firm. The successful candidate will work directly with two senior partners and other team members on a variety of planning and urban design projects of all scales – often working on fast paced schedules.
The designer should have between 1-7 years’ experience in a professional practice and possess very strong design, modeling, graphic and visualization skills. The job also calls for applicants that are interested in participating in all aspects of the planning and design process, including writing proposals, compiling reports, presenting projects to public groups, organizing workshops, analyzing data (economic, demographic etc.), mapping, budgeting and project management. Being LEED and AICP certified is an advantage.
We are reaching out to a wide audience in search of top talent. This is a unique opportunity for those seeking personal and professional growth. The firm provides a supportive learning and professional environment with excellent benefits. Our multi-disciplinary TEAM approach requires individuals with high EQs and willingness to work collaboratively. Successful applicants will be given significant responsibilities and opportunities while being guided and mentored by more senior staff as necessary.
The firm is also willing to accept applicants seeking Visas and will support visa applications.
Interested applicants should submit the following to:
Chris Zarek Managing Director at: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter
- Samples of your portfolio
Total size of attachments must be less than 10 MB
*No Phone calls please
Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews. We apologize in advance to those applicants whom we do not contact.