The Graphic Designer is responsible for planning, conceiving, designing (or approving design) and coordinating production of print publications created primarily to reach external audiences.
- Designs publication projects from conception to completion. This includes ensuring project is printed accurately by reviewing proofs and attending press checks when necessary; is responsible for delivering to the client a high quality product on time and within budget.
- As a member of the publications team, conceptualizes publications and marketing strategies that maintain the university’s visual identity, engage intended audiences and meet the objectives of the departmental clients.
- Responsible for the execution of assigned projects from conception to completion, including preparing files for prepress and archiving of project files.
- Works as part of the publications team to set up and stage photo shoots.
- Supervises student designers for the design, layout and production of print publications
- Assists the university Web team in producing web and email designs for online delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; associate’s degree required.
- Prefer majors in communications, graphic design or art.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in graphic/publications design.
- Extensive experience with Macintosh operating systems (Mac OS), Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator and Photoshop) and other commercial design software and technologies.
To learn more and apply, visit https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/1980.