The Associate Director for Design leads Elon University’s publication design team and is responsible for planning, scheduling, designing (or approving design) and coordinating production of print publications created primarily to reach external audiences. The position also manages the university’s visual identity across all media.
- Lead Elon University’s publication design team and plan, schedule, design (or approve design) and coordinate production of print publications created primarily to reach external audiences.
- Manage publication projects from conception to completion, ensuring projects are printed accurately by reviewing proofs and attending press checks when necessary.
- Responsible for delivering to clients high quality products on time and within budget.
- As a member of the publications team, conceptualizes publications and marketing strategies that maintain the university’s visual identity, engage intended audiences and meet the objectives of departmental clients
- Responsible for the execution of assigned projects from conception to completion, including preparing files for pre-press and archiving project files
- Works with the Administrative Assistant to choose printers and continually evaluate bids and printing quality to ensure excellent value for the university’s printing needs
- Manages the University Communication’s digital asset systems, including the Portfolio photo database and files of all design projects, ensuring secure and redundant backups, and sharing of files with the university’s archives
- Works as part of the publications team to set up and stage photo shoots
- Works with Director of Editorial Projects and Senior Designer to implement and update Elon University Identity Standards guide
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Prefer majors in communications, graphic design or art.
- At least five years’ experience in graphic/publications design.
- Extensive experience with Macintosh operating systems (Mac OS), Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator and Photoshop) and other commercial design software and technologies.
To learn more and apply, visit https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/1959